All participating anglers must possess a valid Florida Saltwater Fishing License with an additional Snook permit.
Separate prizes: Professional Guided and unguided anglers with only one guide per boat and the same guide for both days. Jr. Division – 17 & under, both guided and unguided
*Everglades National Park – No fishing in man-made canals excepting Schlagels Ditch, and both East & Middle Cape canals. Prohibited areas will further be defined at the Captains’ meeting. All registered anglers and guests participating in the tournament enter voluntarily and at their own risk. In consideration for the Casting for a Cause, LLC tournament, its officers, managers, directors, agents, sponsors, donors, and the city and county where the event is held, and any other persons connected directly or indirectly with the operation of the tournament, from and against all liabilities.
- Everglades National Park Rules are enforced. If you are caught in violation of park rules you will automatically be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
- The Tournament committee will make any weather decisions. All decisions of the committee are final. No refunds will be given under any circumstances.
- A wavier must be signed by all anglers, guides and/or guests of Casting for a Cause tournament and submitted to tournament headquarters prior to the fishing day. To obtain a waiver you may reach tournament headquarters via email, phone or fax. Waivers are also available on the tournaments website.
- IGFA rules prevail unless stated below.
- All species must be photographed. Anglers will be supplied a measuring device and a score sheet. Digital cameras must be provided by the anglers. Pictures will be uploaded from the anglers’ memory card to the committee boats computer. We recommend that only your pictures from the tournament be on the memory card. Committee boat will not upload other pictures. Fish must be entered on the score sheet at time of release to avoid disqualification.
- Tarpon may not be boated under any circumstances.
- Five fish limit per species
- No heavier than twelve (12#) pound Manufacturer’s Stated Test braid or monofilament is allowed.
- No heavier than sixteen (16#) pound Manufacturer’s Stated Test Tippit is allowed for fly.
- Only one (1) working rod per Angler is allowed in the water at any time.
- Flies cannot be tipped with scents or scented lures.
- No fishing in No Motor/No combustion zones
- Photo of Flamingo store and a cell phone displaying the date and start time of 6:30 am or later must be the first picture on your camera roll.
- Lines out of the water at 3:00 pm and you must return to the dock no later than 4:30 pm.
- You will submit your photos and score sheets to the Committee Boat no later than 4:30 pm.
- The penalty for violation of the rules will result is NO POINTS for the day and possible disqualification. All protest must be in writing and signed. They must be submitted to tournament headquarters by 5:30 pm the day of the violation.
Everglades National Park-Flamingo
Tarpon – 200 pts. on Fly, 150 pts. on Artificial, 100 pts. on Bait
Snook – 150 pts. on Fly, 100 pts. on Artificial, 75 pts. on Bait
Redfish – 125 pts. on Fly, 75 pts. on Artificial, 50 pts. on Bait
Trout – 75 pts. on Fly, 50 pts. on Artificial, 25 pts. on Bait
*In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined on time.
Minimum Size Limits for each species:
Tarpon – 36” (Photo may be taken next to boat with dowel) measure from nose to tip of tail.
Snook – 24” (Nose to tip of tail)
Redfish – 18” (Nose to tip of tail)
Trout – 15″ (Nose to tip of tail)
All fish entered must be photographed against measuring device. No hands or shadows in photos or entry will be void.