Please click here for our “Hold Harmless” clause which must be printed and signed by ALL anglers prior to the tournament. This can also be obtained by reaching tournament headquarters via email, phone, or fax.
All participating anglers must possess a valid Florida Saltwater Fishing License. All boats are required to possess the Highly Migratory Species Permit (HMSP). You may obtain a permit through the NMFS at 1.888.872.8862 or www.nmfspermits.com.
WEIGH STATION AVAILABLE AT OCEAN REEF FOR MEMBERS
- Applicable Rules and Laws: IGFA rules shall apply to this Casting For A Cause Tournament (“CFAC”) except where they are inconsistent with these CFAC tournament rules that follow, in which case CFAC rules shall apply. It is the responsibility of each angler to become familiar with these rules as well as the IGFA rules. All registered anglers must also comply with all applicable Federal and Florida laws regarding fishing licenses, size limits, bag limits, speed limits etc. Any infractions of the applicable rules will disqualify the registered anglers(s) and boat from the entire tournament, and any disqualified angler(s) will not be entitled to any refund.
- This is an OPEN EVENT: Professional guides, captains, and mates are eligible to participate as anglers
- The use of non-prescription, illegal drugs, during tournament hours, or, at tournament functions is strictly prohibited. Any tournament participants using any non-prescription, illegal drugs, will be disqualified from the tournament and banned to participate in future events.
- This is an angler’s tournament. No changes are permitted in registered anglers after the conclusion of the Captain’s/Anglers meeting. A dolphin or other eligible weight fish must be entered for official weigh-in, in the presence of the angler who caught it.
- Inlets: There is no required point of departure for this tournament. There will be 1 weigh station for teams to weigh their dolphin, kingfish wahoo and tuna. If another weigh station is added, it will be announced at the captain’s meeting
- Junior division – 17 and under. Top female award given.
- Federal laws are enforced. If you are caught in violation of any law you will automatically be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
- Weather: The tournament committee will make any weather decisions. All decisions of the committee are final. No refunds will be given under any circumstances. All boats, anglers, crews and guests will fish at their own discretion and at their own risk. Registered anglers must make their own judgments whether to fish under prevailing weather conditions based on the seaworthiness of their boat, their seamanship skills and any other relevant factors.
- NO BIMINI START: The official fishing time on Saturday, May 20th, 2017 is 7:00AM. All registered anglers with lines in the water before the official fishing time will be automatically disqualified from the tournament.
- No Bahamian Waters.
- Committee Boat Contact Info – phone number will be announced at the Captain’s Meeting.
- Hook and Catch: Each eligible fish entered must be hooked and caught by a single registered angler. No person may hook a fish or assist in hooking a fish in any manner and then turn the rod with the hooked fish over to a registered angler. If multiple strikes occur on separate lines, and if a single registered angler is capable of hooking and catching more than one fish without the assistance of any other person, than each of such fish may be eligible for entry by such angler subject to the other rules of Casting for a Cause. The use of a rod holder to hook a fish is permitted provided that no person other than the registered angler who ultimately enters the fish touched the rod or reel once the fish is hooked. A fish shall be considered “hooked” at the time the fish strikes, runs with or eats the bait, regardless of whether the reel is engaged or in free spool mode and regardless of whether the rod is being held or if it is in a rod holder.
- There will be one weigh station for the Casting for a Cause Tournament. If another weigh station is added, it will be announced at the Captains’ meeting. The station will be located in Homestead Bayfront Park. Fish must be weighed before the weigh station closes on Saturday May 20th at 4:30PM. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Only 1 entry per angler per species will be weighed. The only species eligible for weigh in are Wahoo, Dolphin, Tuna and Kingfish. All fish presented for weigh-in must be in fresh, edible condition and caught that tournament day. No mutilated fish (based on the tournament committee’s decision) will be accepted.
- Scoring= 1 point per pound
Protest: The Tournament Committee will settle any controversies and their decision is final. Any protest(s) must be delivered in writing to the tournament weigh master on the day of the protested catch by 4:30 pm on Saturday accompanied by a $200.00 Protest fee in cash. The Committee boat will keep official times, which are used for tiebreakers if necessary.
- Trophies and Cash prizes will be given to the angler with the overall most points
- Trophy and cash prize for most weight points
- Trophies for largest (heaviest) Wahoo, Dolphin, Tuna and Kingfish
- Trophy for highest point lady angler
- Trophy for high point Junior Angler (17 and under)
- Winnings: All winners are required to provide their social security number prior to receiving any prizes. Awards and prize money will be withheld, as required by law, if a social security number is not provided.
- Calcuttas’ will be offered at Captains meeting